HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Doesnt insert "@authorname" in commentbox (Same problem like in plugin EasyReply)

Hello @R_J
Thanks for the plugins. "Send PM" works fine but but for "Reply", I see the same problem like in EasyReply plugins. In your plugin at least it scrolls down to the comment box but doesnt shou @username . Is this something to do with javascript?
Can you please suggest what to do:

Thank you.

P.S. I am usiing vanilla 2.2.1

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Do you have a link to your forum?

• @R_J said:
    Do you have a link to your forum?

No. right now I am using local.

Modern browsers provide an error console for JavaScript. You would have to look for that in your browser and see if there are any error messages.
    If not, you would have to set breakpoints and go step by step through the short script.

• @R_J Same here, doesn't work in Advanced Editor WYSIWYG mode, but works in HTML mode. No error in console

@ligyxy said:
    @R_J Same here, doesn't work in Advanced Editor WYSIWYG mode, but works in HTML mode. No error in console

Thanks for that detailed description. The advanced editor is my most hated part of Vanilla. I'll see if I can get it working with it.

If not I will simply add some code in my plugin that disables the advanced editor :naughty:

There is an updated version now, but there is a glitch when using advanced editor and WYSIWYG mode: After inserting the user name, the cursor is set to the beginning of the input box.

I have tried some things but I wasn't successful :( I have seen that there is some code in the editors js files, but I wasn't able to use it. If any of those js guys here around could take a look at it, that would be great.

• @R_J said:
    There is an updated version now, but there is a glitch when using advanced editor and WYSIWYG mode: After inserting the user name, the cursor is set to the beginning of the input box.

Its working now. Thanks for the update and of course for the plugins too.