Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Bootstrap Theme" Help Required.

Hello, I currently have the "bootstrap theme" installed, which is located here; https://vanillaforums.org/addon/bootstrap-theme
I've been gradually editing the theme to suit my liking and I've been struggling to edit one particular aspect

Within my custom.css file, I have introduced the following changes:

body {
background-repeat:none;
background-position:100% 100% !important;
background-size:cover !important;
background:url(http://i.imgur.com/YnAHi2J.jpg) !important;
}

The !important tags where in a bid to try and overide the default style that seems to be impletented the theme, which is making it so the background displays in this fashion;

background-repeat: repeat;
background-attachment: scroll;
background-position: 0% 0%;
background-clip: border-box;
background-origin: padding-box;
background-size: auto auto;

I'd like to remove these aspects, although have been unsucessful thus far in doing so.
Thanks to all that are able to help

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Bootstrap theme contains options of other themes to pick as a theme option within Bootstrap.

So let's say yo are using darkley or another one, you would need to apply the css changes to that theme, Bootstrap Darkley Custom.css file for that theme.

Since plugins have priority over themes, I suggest you use the CSSEDIT plugin to help you add these changes automatically with whatever theme you use and a plugin css is preempted over the css you would add to the custom.css that is not working.

When adding !important and it does not work, if this is the right element but the rule will not apply, it's because either a plugin or something else has already !important added. You can't supersede a plugin that controls style with your custom.css . You need to find where the !important is found in the default theme or custom theme and remove it.

Generally, adding !important to everything is not good at all. I ti s to be used sparingly when you have no other alternative … Finding out that even when you use !important , it still does not override the default, means either it it the wrong element or that it already has an !important.

I personally removed all of the !importants from the CSS for the default theme on all my installs.Adding that to a default in my opinion is wrong. Because it should not be.

I suggest you look at the css files for your themes, and the default and remove all !importants. It is unnecessary if the default theme works as it should. But if it does not due to this, then do as I did and remove every single !important from the css file for the default and Bootstrap theme if that is what you use.

I did mention this to the staff here years ago but I am just a stupid woman, and no one listens to me. However if you want to resolve your issue, I advice you to listen to me.