Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sharethis Question [RESOLVED]

ZarconZarcon New
edited August 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I recently installed Share this on 2.2.1 and all seems to be just fine except.. Why can't I share my own posts? Other members can see the icons to share my posts but I cannot. Is that the way it's suppose to work? I would like to be able to share my own posts as well. Can anyone assist?

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Did you make sure admin has permissions to share ? The only reason why this might happen is the permissions settings are misconfigured…

• Options

I checked Admin in Roles & Permissions and did not see any type of 'settings' for sharing. I also looked for Members and they didn't have settings for this particular permission either. Looking at ShareThis settings, there is no option for specific permissions either.

• Options

Has to be something dealing with the Administrator permissions. Even guests (not signed in) have the share options. I just don't know where to look.

• Options

Anything on this? I still haven't figured this out.

• Options

Nevermind.. Seems to be an issue with FireFox version 48.0. The ShareThis links are showing up for Chrome and Opera just fine.. Even on my own posts.. Starting to dislike FireFox more and more these days.