Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Export/Import Help Please

So here is the scenario:

I had Vanilla 2.2.0 installed in a sub-directory of my main domain with database A.

I created a new installation using version 2.2.1 on my main domain with database B.

I want to export/import my users and posts from database A to my new database B.

Can someone tell me me what tables I need to export/import in order to complete this task? I looked at the Vanilla Porter but not sure that's what I need since I am going form 1 Vanilla instance to another.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Download the entire data base and then import it into the new one using the import button in the dashboard.

• Options

@vrijvlinder - By doing that, wouldn't it override all of my current settings, themes, etc? I would also have to make sure that I had the same exact addons installed too right?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

By doing that, wouldn't it override all of my current settings

If the current settings are different. Not all settings are stored in the database. You should make a backup of the new site where the data is going to go.

Save the config.php specially and the htaccess file. But you are not upgrading you are moving an old installation data to new one.
    In any event backing up is essential no matter what.

I would also have to make sure that I had the same exact add ons installed too right?

You would want to make sure the add ons are compatible with the new vanilla version. So no, unless you know they work…

• Options

I decided to bite the bullet and manually import the tables I needed from the old site. I was definitely a pain, but gained a little knowledge along the way. So far, everything seems to be working just fine.