HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Topic Statistics

okhawajaokhawaja New
edited September 2016 in Feedback

This is a super awesome plugin and I think an addition to it will make it even better!

It would be REALLY nice if each time a user clicked on a discussion, it would store in DB the "Discussion Topic" the user clicked on as well as how many times that particular user has clicked on that Discussion Topic....

The reason it would be super useful would be because it would help me (and others using this plugin) understand what user likes which topic, and how popular each topic is. Also, we can build future plugins on it that way to alter the forum view for each user based on their "preferences" that are derived from that user's statistics or behavior on the forum.

For example, if user A is viewing 3D Printing <- Topic, and the same user is viewing Blogs <- Topic, then we know that user likes 3D Printing and Blogs, and we could know how many times they clicked on that Topic in order to know how much they like each topic.

This will be ultra useful for data scientists because you can know what content your user base is most interested in and you can even change views in vanilla for that user.....

Comments

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Good idea, not sure about the need for counting. I'll have to file it among the other things on the todo for this plugin (yes, there is more...)
    Thanks!