Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

how can i translate "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in"

schindlerschindler New
edited September 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

there is no line in locale,
if i add
$Definition['Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.']

my site crashes. i tried to find a file which is connection with this text, but i couldnt.
can you help me?
i want to translate this part:

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited September 2016

$Definition['Notify me when people comment on discussions I have participated in.']

You can't use " in the bracket … it must be ' single quote and must escape apostrophe …

• Options
    schindlerschindler New
    edited September 2016

@vrijvlinder said:
    $Definition['Notify me when people comment on discussions I have participated in.']

You can't use " in the bracket … it must be ' single quote and must escape apostrophe …

still it doesnt work, site crashes. a white page seems.

• Options

Can you post what you used as a translation ?

Please post the whole line including the translation

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    Can you post what you used as a translation ?

Please post the whole line including the translation

i wrote: $Definition['Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.'] = 'deneme';
    on applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA/definitions.php.

• Options

Not the correct place to make new definitions. However

This Not good
    $Definition['Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.'] = 'deneme';

This Good

$Definition['Notify me when people comment on discussions I\'ve participated in.'] = 'deneme';

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:

This Not good
    $Definition['Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.'] = 'deneme';

This Good

$Definition['Notify me when people comment on discussions I\'ve participated in.'] = 'deneme';

yessss, you are right. i forgot that.

thank you very much =)

• Options

@schindler said:

@vrijvlinder said:

This Not good

This Good

yessss, you are right. i forgot that.

thank you very much =)

it might be better to download this.

https://vanillaforums.org/get/vf_tr-locale-2016.07.22p1100

install it properly. if it creates a bug on installation, report it to Vanilla. But the new one might work for you.

then you can update the translations in vf_tr-locale-2016.07.22p1100 on the locale site.

and update your local mods in /conf/config.php

see this and read it if you want to make your site work in the future and clean things up.

https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/242493/#Comment_242493

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.