Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Gear icon for editing [RESOLVED]

SuzySuzy New
edited September 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've got someone on my forum saying they cannot see the gear icon (which should appear on hover), so he/she can't edit their posts. I'm wondering if it uses javascript to become visible. And if it uses javascript to edit.

In other words, even if I made the gear icon visible all the time, which I'd rather not, would they be able to edit their post they don't allow javascript?

Comments

• Forget it. It was someone who had only just registered, and I had permissions so that before editing, a person had to have registered at least a day ago. I've changed the permissions now to stop any further complaints.

• Good to know that it was due to the permissions. By the way, the gear icon's visibility is set by CSS, not JavaScript.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Thanks for that, Shadowdare. If I ever need to change it I'll know where to look now.

This discussion has been closed.