HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

article

This discussion is related to the Articles addon.
RonMega89RonMega89 New
edited September 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

no show image when i post in article
im use article aplication n i use vanilla 2,2

Comments

  • ShadowdareShadowdare Moderator
    edited September 2016

    After you upload an image to an article, you must click the "Insert into Post" link under the image to show it in the article body.

    Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

  • i have been insert

  • steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo

    Look at the image url. See if the image is uploaded in the application.

  • RiverRiver MVP
    edited September 2016

    if you are not using pretty url's - you should make sure you do or you will most likely have more problems, if you don't fix that first if you haven't already fixed it.

    https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/243390/#Comment_243390

    https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/220157/#Comment_220157

    Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

    Shadowdare
  • i still confuse

  • ShadowdareShadowdare Moderator
    edited September 2016

    This is a bug in Articles v1.1.1 in which Vanilla's url() function is used to get the URI for image uploads, but on instances where rewrite URLs aren't enabled, it will return a URI with the index.php?p= part because this function is meant for getting the URI to controller methods in Vanilla and not resources on the file system. This has been fixed in the latest Articles development code, which I don't recommend that you use.

    The image should show up if you remove /index.php?p= from the img src URL. You should enable rewrite URLs (pretty URLs) for Vanilla as @River suggested. This will fix your issue with image uploads not showing up.

    Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

    I suggested he fix his rewrite urls from the first comment he posted. He does not understand how to do this. I gave him a link to the solution and how to do this but he does not understand.

    You can show the horse to water but you can't make it drink, specially when there is a language impediment.

    @RonMega89

    Please post the contents of the .htaccess file here. You need to enable pretty urls. If you do not , nothing will work.

    https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25111/about-error-404-not-found

  • steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo
    edited September 2016

    Try putting in your .htaccess file

        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]
    

    And in the config.php add line - $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls']= TRUE;

  • @Shadowdare said:

    The image should show up if you remove /index.php?p= from the img src URL. You should enable rewrite URLs (pretty URLs) for Vanilla as @River suggested. This will fix your issue with image uploads not showing up.

    thanks i have been remove it and works. thanks all
    and one more problem when i delete image there error "page not found" how to fix it?

  • RiverRiver MVP
    edited September 2016

    @RonMega89 said:

    @Shadowdare said:

    The image should show up if you remove /index.php?p= from the img src URL. You should enable rewrite URLs (pretty URLs) for Vanilla as @River suggested. This will fix your issue with image uploads not showing up.

    thanks i have been remove it and works. thanks all
    and one more problem when i delete image there error "page not found" how to fix it?

    Question 1. - did you add $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls']= TRUE; to conf/config.php

    this is a yes or no answer. so you should be able to say Yes or No to the question.

    Question 2. - also what web server are you using Apache, Nginx, or IIS, or something else?

    Ask your host if you don't know.

    I hope no one answers, until you answer these two questions, because until you answer the two questions, any other suggestions or help probably won't help you.

    if you don't understand the questions, ask someone to translate from english to the language you understand.

    Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

    vrijvlinder
  • @River said:

    Question 1. - did you add $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls']= TRUE; to conf/config.php

    this is a yes or no answer. so you should be able to say Yes or No to the question.

    Question 2. - also what web server are you using Apache, Nginx, or IIS, or something else?

    Ask your host if you don't know.

    I hope no one answers, until you answer these two questions, because until you answer the two questions, any other suggestions or help probably won't help you.

    if you don't understand the questions, ask someone to translate from english to the language you understand.

    no
    and i just add it and works. thanks river
    thank so much

    vrijvlinder
Sign In or Register to comment.