Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal error troubleshooting

Hi all. Woke up today and found my site suddenly not working.
Running the latest stable build of Vanilla (221)
Edited config to disable all plugins and switch back to default theme.
Deleted the /conf/* ini files

Heres what the error info i get says;

Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Connection();

An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1044] Access denied for user 'vtcgvqbi_d15'@'localhost' to database 'vtcgvqbi_d2015'
The error occurred on or near: /home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php
171:             if ($Timeout) {
172:                 throw new Exception(errorMessage('Timeout while connecting to the database', $this->ClassName, 'Connection', $ex->getMessage()), 504);
173:             }
174: 
175:             throw new Exception(errorMessage('An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database', $this->ClassName, 'Connection', $ex->getMessage()), 500);
176:         }
177: 
178:         return $PDO;
179:     }
Backtrace:
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php:102] Gdn_Database->newPDO();
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php:494] Gdn_Database->connection();
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/library/database/class.database.php:368] Gdn_Database->slave();
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1663] Gdn_Database->query();
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:884] Gdn_SQLDriver->query();
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/library/core/class.model.php:471] Gdn_SQLDriver->getWhere();
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/library/core/class.model.php:430] Gdn_Model->getWhere();
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:1315] Gdn_Model->getID();
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:1547] UserModel->getID();
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/library/core/class.session.php:380] UserModel->getSession();
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/library/core/class.auth.php:59] Gdn_Session->start();
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/bootstrap.php:237] Gdn_Auth->startAuthenticator();
[/home/vtcgvqbi/public_html/index.php:32] PHP::require_once();

I hadn't changed anything on my site since January, and I'm the only one aside form my hosting provider with access. Any ideas?

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

This is a hosting issue, assuming login credentials weren't changed in config.php

Looks like your DB is not accessible.

• Aaah, thanks. called my hosting provider and got it all sorted.