Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How can i make some Discussions to be shown from first post, not from last when clicking to it

GrachGrach New
edited November 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Version 2.2.1
I'm new here, it must be realy easy thing, but i cant do it, and cant find answer, please help :)
I want topicstarter first post to be shown when you enter discussion.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English :)

Comments

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited November 2016

This discussion was moved to the Vanilla 2.2 Help category; it was posted in the Vanilla 2.1 & Earlier Help category.

To have links to discussions always go to the first page and post, you can add $Configuration['Vanilla']['Comments']['AutoOffset'] = false; to your /conf/config.php file.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited November 2016

@Grach said:
    Version 2.2.1
    I'm new here, it must be realy easy thing, but i cant do it, and cant find answer, please help :)
    I want topicstarter first post to be shown when you enter discussion.
    P.S. Sorry for my bad English :)

since you are new, you may be unfamiliar with standard forum behavior, so I offer this explanation instead of directly answering your question.

You have been given the suggestion and answer.. BUT I wonder if that is really what you want because. You only go to the last comment when you have clicked on the discussion previously. Every logged in user who has not clicked the discussion will got to the FIRST comment. The next time they go to the discussion they will go the to the last comment (that appeared when the previously viewed the discussion page).

All users who are not logged in will always go to the first comment.

last comment you read - https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28420/frequently-asked-questions#latest

first comment first page - https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28420/frequently-asked-questions/p1

if you add
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Comments']['AutoOffset'] = false; to your /conf/config.php file.
    as directed above you will lose the valuable feature that allows a person to go to the comment on the page that they viewed before. It will remove the #latest.

many people think they want to do it, and don't realize that they got to the last comment only because they viewed the discussion before.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options

Ooooo. Thank you, River, i realy didn't realize that. It's even better way.