Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Upgrade from 2.1.3 Data truncated for column 'Type' at row 1

Hi

I am trying to upgrade from 2.1.3 to 2.2.1 and after uploading the files I have gone to /Utility/Structure which indicates a number of required structure changes. When I click "Run structure & data scripts" I am presented with an error saying "Data truncated for column 'Type' at row 1". How can I work out what is failing and fix it?

Thanks

Alan

Comments

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited November 2016

try turning off strict mode in sql and see if that helps.

https://www.google.com/#q=turn+off+sql+strict+mode

probably due to strict mode. you need to disable strict mode in your sql.ini or cnf file. wherever you set things.

remove this STRICT_TRANS_TABLES

the above should solve issue, but try disabling all your plugins via dashboard and use default theme.
    less problems when you run /utility/structure and /utility/update.

then after successful update re-enable the plugins via dashboard and test. then change to theme you want and test.

get to at least php 5.4 and download vanilla 2.3 on top and try to install vanilla 2.3

ideally you want php 5.6 or php7.0

php 7.0 requires vanilla 2.3 (earlier versions of vanilla < 2.3 will not work with php 7.0)

php 5.6 might be the optimal version of php to use when upgrading to vanilla 2.3

then after vanilla 2.3 is installed and working, you could upgrade to php 7.0 if desired.

if you are still attempting IIS, I suggest linux if you keep on running into issues.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options

Ah great thanks. All plugins were off and theme set to default. I bypassed it by manually running the command and adding an ignore between alter and table (alter table bacame alter ignore table). I'll make the ini change though as hopefully that will avoid issues next time I have to upgrade!!

• Options

My rescan is now much shorter and is only returning the following...

update GDN_Role Role
    set Type = 'applicant'
    where RoleID = '4';

update GDN_Role Role
    set Type = 'member'
    where RoleID = '8';

update GDN_Role Role
    set Type = 'unconfirmed'
    where RoleID = '4';

update GDN_User User
    set Permissions = ''
    where Permissions <> '';

Am I going mad or are the 1st and 3rd conflicting with each other?

• Options

looks like unconfirmed should be RoleID = '3'??

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited November 2016

@alan0209 said:
    My rescan is now much shorter and is only returning the following...

update GDN_Role Role
    set Type = 'applicant'
    where RoleID = '4';

update GDN_Role Role
    set Type = 'member'
    where RoleID = '8';

update GDN_Role Role
    set Type = 'unconfirmed'
    where RoleID = '4';

update GDN_User User
    set Permissions = ''
    where Permissions <> '';

Am I going mad or are the 1st and 3rd conflicting with each other?

just ignore those.

unconfirmed acts differently.

run /utility/update

it it says successful, you can then adjust things in dashboard - how you want and ignore structure scans.

https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/241699/#Comment_241699

and update to vanilla 2.3 https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/244461/#Comment_244461

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options

ok ta