Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Recaptcha repeatedly giving Incorrect captcha try again error while Registration [RESOLVED]

edited December 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,
I have been trying to set up my forum but recaptcha is repeatedly giving this error.
My forum is installed at
http://extramilegames.com/community/

and in recaptcha I can add the domain as extramilegames.com
So is that the issue?
Is it required for forum to be in the main directory only?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I just tried it and it works... Maybe the captcha is too hard ?

• @vrijvlinder said:

Haha! No captcha was not too hard.
    I solved it . There is some issue with that host they must have blocked something because of which it was failing.
    Kloud51 was the host if it helps anyone.
    We should have some script or something which can run and say what is missing from requirements.

Now I changed the host and all logins are working fine I mean social connects. With previous host none was working whatsoever. Wasted my whole day though! :(

• @ExtraMileGames said:

@vrijvlinder said:

Haha! No captcha was not too hard.
    I solved it . There is some issue with that host they must have blocked something because of which it was failing.
    Kloud51 was the host if it helps anyone.
    We should have some script or something which can run and say what is missing from requirements.

Now I changed the host and all logins are working fine I mean social connects. With previous host none was working whatsoever. Wasted my whole day though! :(

As I just tried it out. Host kloud51 had given option to choose any required php modules. So once I selected the correct modules it worked in here too.
    I basically copied the modules which were there in the other host.
    For benefit of everyone these are the required modules.. Hope it helps someone and saves his/her day.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You can also find out what is happening by going into the error logs from your server.

Glad you got it sorted out !!