Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Some o8 Functionality

FLCFLC New
edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Mark, oh wise one,

How would one, theoretically, rig up a system like o8, where people are invited and their login is tied to their invitee?

Oh, and a news section would r0xxz0rz t00

I'm just tossing ideas up here

Comments

• Options
    wait.. is there an "invite" function? i've been doing it by email.
  • Options
    no there is not...

but in the old o8 days there was...

confused? you will be...
  • Options
    well you can add a tab (there is another thread that has the way to do it) and then link to a news page that you build on your own
  • Options
    there must be a way to do this as an extension (the invite thing)
  • Options
    jonezyjonezy New
    edited July 2005
    second post in this thread http://lussumo.com/community/comments.php?DiscussionID=308

for mr picky pants

for the news tab idea.
  • Options
    learn to link properly :P
  • Options
    i thought this thing autolinked?
  • Options
    only in plain text as far as i know
  • Options
    http://lussumo.com/community/comments.php?DiscussionID=308
  • Options
    YOU ARE CORRECT SIR
  • Options
    SCORE!
  • Options
    so, by adding that code, i'll be able to see jtelling's family photos? sweet.
  • Options
    don't we all want that?? deep down inside.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The invite thing could be done as an extension, for sure. I might tackle that myself if I ever get a chance to breath.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    /me over-nights some oxygen tanks to marks home.
  • Options
    Breathing? Hah. Overrated.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Man. I'm exhausted. I might have to unplug my modem tomorrow so I can get some real work done.
  • Options
    I'm justing itching for that documentation to be finished so I can crack on with some of the fab extension ideas floating around. This one sounds intriguing to me, so since I wasn't around in the o8 days, would someone care to enlighten me as to how it worked?
  • Options
    basically it was an invite from one user to another potential one... Each user was only allowed like 1 invite every month so you had to use them sparingly. Once the invite was accepted, the inviters name would appear in the intivee's profile...

Kinda like this

So if the invitee ever done anything bad, we all knew who to blame for letting them in :P
  • Options
    That seems like it would be simple enough. I tell you what, when mark finds the time (I don't know how he does it!) to finish the documentation, I'll make a start on this.
This discussion has been closed.