Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Change Member Role after first post approved

Due to rule breakers from new members, I've had to set it so "Members" now require approval for their posts. This goes to my Moderation Queue and I have to manually approve each one. This is fine but I'd like to know how to make it so I only need to approve once per user.

Is there a way I can do this? Perhaps by automatically assigning them to a new role when their post is approved?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    edited January 2017

I have to clean up this plugin before I upload it to the addons section, but it is already working and should exactly be what you need: https://github.com/R-J/promoteOnPostCount

• ConkConk New
    edited January 2017

@R_J said:
    I have to clean up this plugin before I upload it to the addons section, but it is already working and should exactly be what you need: https://github.com/R-J/promoteOnPostCount

Thank you for this! However, whenever I click the settings button for the plugin, it just takes me to the main dashboard page (the url is still /settings/promoteaftermoderated though).

Should there be an exact name for the plugin folder? I've tried "promoteOnPostCount" and "promoteaftermoderated".

EDIT Now using the c05d6da7ee version and it displays the settings page.

I will have a look at it. Setting page is /settings/promoteonpostcount, the link in the plugins overview is false

• @R_J said:
    I will have a look at it. Setting page is /settings/promoteonpostcount, the link in the plugins overview is false

Using the latest version and that link, it seems to be working very well. Thank you very much for making this!

Thanks for being my beta tester :mrgreen:

Now it is in the official addon section. I have changed the name to Promote After Moderated

• ConkConk New
    edited January 2017

@R_J said:
    Now it is in the official addon section. I have changed the name to Promote After Moderated

Unfortunately I am having some trouble:

promoteAfterModerated.ToRoleID is required.
    promoteAfterModerated.FromRoleID is required.
    promoteAfterModerated.MinComments is required.
    promoteAfterModerated.MinDiscussions is required.
    promoteAfterModerated.MinPosts is required.

No matter what I put in, all fields filled out.

EDIT Got it working . In views/settings.php I did find and replace for:
    promoteOnPostCount.
    promoteAfterModerated.

So you are still my beta tester? Sorry about that :(

I've uploaded another version. Thanks for your help!