Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to increase the font size in the comments in the theme +Baseline 2.3

VV_YuriVV_Yuri Russia New
edited January 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Please help. How to increase the font size in the comments in the theme +Baseline 2.3 (default theme for Vanilla)

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please use a web inspector to find the element you wish to edit it's CSS.

You can try to add this to your custom.css file

.Message{
    font-size:14px;
    }

• Options
    edited January 2017

@vrijvlinder написал:
    Please use a web inspector to find the element you wish to edit it's CSS.

You can try to add this to your custom.css file

.Message{
    font-size:14px;
    }

There's no such thing
    There is a
    .Message { line-height: 1.7; font-size: 100%; word-wrap: break-word; margin-top: 5px; }

I found it here: applications/dashboard/scss/legacy/_style.scss
    and changed to
    font-size: 110%;

• Options
    edited January 2017

Ok , how about you try another theme, try one of my themes, maybe BetterBitter

then report back, because the default theme should not be altered.

You need to learn how to use a web inspector in order to make easier for you to edit themes.

You need to learn how to understand CSS code.

There's no such thing
    There is a
    .Message {

That is the element I mentioned that controls the css attributes. There IS such a thing as .Message it is the class of the container where the posts are are made.

I can not find where to change the file
    font-size: 100%;

It is in the custom.css of the theme you are using. Not all themes use this class name but mine do. Please try one of my themes or another custom them so you can become familiar with the custom.css file for any given Vanilla theme.

• Options
    edited January 2017

@vrijvlinder написал:
    It is in the custom.css of the theme you are using. Not all themes use this class name but mine do. Please try one of my themes or another custom them so you can become familiar with the custom.css file for any given Vanilla theme.

Yes, found custom.css of the theme BetterBitter
    but custom.css not in of the theme default (+Baseline 2.3)

@VV_Yuri написал:

• Options

@VV_Yuri said:

@vrijvlinder написал:

Yes, found custom.css of the theme BetterBitter
    but custom.css not in of the theme default (+Baseline 2.3)

@VV_Yuri написал:

That is because the default theme is a bare bones theme with not much added. Why ? Because this software is made in a way that you can create and customize and make it how you want :) It is not Facebook where your page looks like everyone else.

• Options

So, no need to increase the font size in the comments, but visually identify each comment.
    Who is uncomfortable to read the comments in of the theme default (Baseline 2.3).