Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Activity Widget in WP

Hello,

Before I go on further, I'm guessing this is not a double post- I've been redirected to ask a question here by the vanilla staff from the live chat. IF it is a double post, I apologize.

I've put the Vanilla Activity Widget on my homepage, however it's showing ALL the activity.

It states: Vanilla Activity Widget allows you to display recent activity in your forum (user registrations, status updates, etc). You define how many activities to show, and you can even filter to activities from users in specific roles (administrator activity, for example).

But how do I filter the activity? I want to only show the admin & mod comments on the forums.

I looked at the actual widget itself, found nothing + looked on the vanilla dashboard & don't really know where to configure this at all.

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Your question will be hard to answer: as far as I can tell, you refer to the Wordpress Vanilla plugin.

Generally I'd say you ask your questions better over there because it is more probable that you find people knowing how to write Worpress plugins in their side. But I have downloaded the zip and found a file "widgets.php". Everything having to do with roles is commented out from that plugin.

So I would say it has been a plan but not implemented. Although Vanilla seems to support showing only mods or admins activities, you need mods or admin rights to see them. I'm not sure how this would work out in a Wordpress setting. You can try it and change line 152 in the Wordpress/Vanilla plugins "widgets.php" file from $resturl = array($url, '/activity.json'); to $resturl = array($url, '/activity/mods.json'); or even $resturl = array($url, '/activity/admins.json');

I would assume that /admins doesn't enclose everything from /mods and that's why there is no activity stream with both information. You would have to have some programming skills to combine them, though I do not think that should be too hard.

But beware! You might have misinterpreted what could/should be shown. Moderator activity would e.g. be banning people, not "Moderator-User John has posted a funny picture". I'm not sure if you really like to show this moderation kind of stuff...

This discussion has been closed.