Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Change Definitions in 2.3. Example: Howdy Stranger!

I'm looking to change a few definitions on the forums like the "Howdy Stranger". I've gone through a few old discussions for 2.0 - 2.2 and they don't seem relevant anymore for example, one of them suggested

$Definition['Howdy, Stranger!'] = 'Ahoi!';

in conf/locale.php but this file no longer exists. I've also looked at other folders and this is the closest thing I found in applications/vanilla/locale/en.php

$Definition['EmbeddedDiscussionFormat'] = '<div class="EmbeddedContent">{Image}<strong>{Title}</strong>
<p>{Excerpt}</p>
<p><a href="{Url}">Read the full story here</a></p><div class="ClearFix"></div></div>';
$Definition['EmbeddedNoBodyFormat'] = '{Url}';
$Definition['CategoryID'] = 'Category';
$Definition['We\'ve received a request to change your password.'] = 'We\'ve received a request to change your password at %s. If you didn\'t make this request, please ignore this email.';

// Deprecated Translations
$Definition['Start a New Discussion'] = 'New Discussion';

but I'm not sure if I should be putting the code here. Is it a core file that must not be edited? Or shall I put the code here?

Comments