Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

vanilla2export gives a 404 page

LikeabookLikeabook New
edited February 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

After spending all day trying to get this easy forum to work I am stumped by the vanilla2export.php giving a 404 page. I have tried placing the vanilla2export.php file in various places (on the server) and checked it's permissions but still get a 404 page when trying to access it. Any "detailed" help on this would be appreciated. I am now using SMF forums (and may continue as I'm running out of ibuprofen). I'm running the latest downloads of both vanilla2export.php and vanilla forum as I'm in the testing stage to replace SMF.

Best Answer

• Options
    LikeabookLikeabook New
    edited February 2017 Answer ✓

Got it!! Talked to Liquidweb server guy and he mentioned about too many permissions, Unix server required ONLY read-write for owner and read for Group and Others. Page came up as soon as I changed it. And the export worked.

Answers

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Likeabook

Welcome to the community.

Are you sure you are typing the file name correctly, including the .php ?

I've just downloaded it and accessed it locally on an XAMPP stack, and live on an nginx server.

I don't think permissions is the issue.

On my live test, the page loaded, but warned me I didn't have write permissions for the folder it was in.

• Options

Hi whu606 and thanks. Yes to your first two questions and can open the php like a document in chrome, not as a web page from my hard drive. I checked the permissions to make sure, added another file alongside this one to make sure I could access that. Perhaps you could add a missing detail in these instructions for me, "Drop this script in your existing site" as in where specifically? Exactly where what folder if any, or straight on the server root?? If I know the file is in the correct place I'll get the server guys to look at it. Thanks

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Hi

I put it in root and uploads just to be sure.

They both worked for me.

What version of php are you running?

• Options

I have it on the root and I've tried several folders (with permissions). The only uploads folder I have is with Wordpress. I tried it there:) can see it but it still gives a 404. I'm using PHP ver 5.6 until I get a new forum, main reason to change is SMF doesn't seem to work with php 7. For some reason the server guys are extremely busy today so I haven't been able to get them to check things.

• Options
    LikeabookLikeabook New
    edited February 2017 Answer ✓

Got it!! Talked to Liquidweb server guy and he mentioned about too many permissions, Unix server required ONLY read-write for owner and read for Group and Others. Page came up as soon as I changed it. And the export worked.