Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

Ready to contribute?

Amazing! Sign our contributors' agreement and then join us on GitHub.

Not showing the Default Locale!

ChathinduSLChathinduSL Middle of Seegiriya New

Hi! I am a new member to Vanilla. This is my first Question (Discussion). I have a Forum created using Vanilla. I have used byet host and softaculous to install vanilla. And i have managed my forum. I want to Show Sinhala Language in it. I have try to Find it using open.vanillaforums.com/addons and i have founded one created by @uween brother. But the Download link of it has been broken. Then i have search for 'Vanilla Sinhala Baseline' I have found several results. I visited 1 of this site. It's Download link is for the above mentioned one. I told that friend (Author of that blog), this link is not working. He saw this link is broken, then he hosted that file (already in his computer) on his place. I downloaded, hosted to locals directory and set it as the default locale. But it is still English.

Then i have downloaded the UK Locale for Vanilla and translated it myself. Then again hosted and set it as default. Already it is English! Help me! Thank You!

Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... Moderator

@ChathinduSL Welcome to the community.

Firstly, please don't spread the same question across different threads; I've deleted your post on the older thread.

Have you deleted the ini files from cache?

Does your locale show up in the Dashboard?

• ChathinduSLChathinduSL Middle of Seegiriya New

Hi Thank You for Helping me!

No! I don't know! How to delete .ini files? Where are them? A .GITKEEP file is allready in locales folder! No it's not in the dashboard! It is in the locales folder. Other languages (I tried Hindi) are working. I have translated Hindi word (Announcement) into Sinhala and Uploaded into server. Then i saw the translated sinhala word.

$Definition['Announcement'] = 'නිවේදනයක්!';