Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Updating my theme for Vanilla 2.3 compatibility.

The Problem:
I've updated my local Vanilla install to 2.3. Without the custom theme enabled all is fine, but if I enable it, when I click on a link to a discussion, it gives me a page with a 'Bookmark' link and nothing else (if I view source it has some open <div> tags and the link only. Clicking on the link takes me to a page that says "Whoops! You need to enable javascript to do that." Everything else seems to be working, including Javascript.

My guess is that it's something with the difference between how 2.2 and 2.3 build the page. I know the theme works in 2.2. Any suggestions of what I should be looking for are much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

It would be much easier if you can tell what you have themed. Are you able to narrow it somewhat by telling that some pages look okay and others not? Do that by simply trying to open them:

example.com/discussions
    example.com/categories
    example.com/profile
    example.com/messages/inbox
    example.com/discussion123/whatever

If it is okay for you then you might share your themehooks file here, or at least tell which events you have used.

Do you have themed your forum with custom views? That would be harder to find. If you want to, you can send me a zipped version of your theme and I can take a look if I see something quickly

• Options
    RodSloanRodSloan New
    edited February 2017

Thanks for your help @R_J! I'm using the Silicon theme by @jspautsch. I've contacted him already, but I'm trying to see if I can fix the compatibility error myself.

example.com/discussion123/whatever gives the error described above.

Everything else is fine.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2017

I suspect the problem is in the default.master.tpl maybe you added or edited something and now have this error. Post the tpl please

If you used a simple text editor to edit it, that may be the problem too. The tpl requires a code editing text editor. Otherwise unwanted things happen.