Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Roles Promoting to roles above itself.

Hi, I am in a community where I want to give multiple users (not necessarily administrators) access to promote users. I only want them to be able to set the roles of users whose group priority is lower than itself, and only be able to promote users up to ranks equal to or below itself. If this is currently possible, or there is an addon available, that would be great to know. Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Try the YAGA Application... to build ranks and essentially do what you ask after they have earned the rights...

• ricoramiroricoramiro San Francisco New

@vrijvlinder said:
    Try the YAGA Application... to build ranks and essentially do what you ask after they have earned the rights...

Unfortunately that just gave me an error. It is logged below

Internal Server Error 500

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Where did you install it ? Remember this is not a plugin , it goes in the applications folder . Also to se the error look at your server error logs .

• ricoramiroricoramiro San Francisco New
    Answer ✓

@vrijvlinder said:
    Where did you install it ? Remember this is not a plugin , it goes in the applications folder . Also to se the error look at your server error logs .

I did install it, but ill be using it for something else. I found a different plugin after a few more hours of searching so if others ask.
    https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/roleprotect-plugin