Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Roles - I Must Be Missing Something...

Hi community, I hope someone has some insight to share!

I created several additional roles ... Some of them I created for a plugin so that as people reach various mil-markers (number of posts) they would be automatically moved into the new roles as warranted. (These are not so important, just nice to have)

A couple of the new roles are only for people who are privately invited ... These roles/categories are not seen by regular forum members, and should remain invisible until a moderator manually moves that person into one of the secret roles.

The problem is that when a new user registers an account, they are being added to all of the roles.

My goal was/is that a new subscriber is set as 'member' only... and then nature takes it's course from that point forward.

Can anyone tell me how to prevent new users from being automatically added to all of those additional roles?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

They indeed shouldn't get all available roles, of course. Please check if you find $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['DefaultRoles'] = array(...); in your /conf/config.php and what is the value in the array there. It should only be the ID of the member role.