Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

themes/plugin not showing up in dashboard...

hi guys, i have downloaded plugins and themes from this site and moved them to the public_http/vanilla/themes and public_http/vanilla/plugins directories but they are still not showing up in dashboard!

what gives

Comments

• Options

Are you using 2.4 beta? If so, you have to manually delete the cache.

• Options

2.3 I believe - how can I do that anyway? Maybe it will fix it..

• Options

You need to delete cache/addon.php file and cache/theme folder. I'm not sure about /cache/theme-index.php, but you can remove it anyway. All this files will be regenerated.

• Options

I do not have such folders in the first place. I am using vanilla 2.3 - nothing I add to it is showing up on teh dash board whether it be plugins, themes, etc

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

How did you install Vanilla ? It seems it did not go so well. You should upload the files again via ftp but save the config.php and the htaccess file.

After that delete the .ini files in the forum cache carefully not to delete other stuff.

• Options
    CCartersCCarters New
    edited March 2017

I just uploaded the folder to my public httml. I will try to do what you say and see how it goes.

Where are you guys getting these folders anyway? I have a cache folder in the downloaded software but it doesn't have anything like cache/addon or cache/theme in the first place.

• Options

good news guys - i used my webhjosts control panel feature to install the software instead and it is working. Unsure what the issue was before O.O but its solved atleast

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please ignore @nikoskip comment since it does not apply to the current stable version 2.3