HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Can't read discussions or change avatars in 2.3

I have installed 2.3 twice this week, and still can't seem to be able to read any recent discussions posted on our forum. We can see a list of them, but we click on them, we get redirected to a page that says:

Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
Please check back in a little while.

Similarly, when we attempt to change profile pictures, we get an alert that pops up that says "Whoops! There was an error".

I am VERY new to this. We are trying to use this for a project that our Girls Who Code club is working on, but it won't be useful if I can't figure this out. Any help/recommendations would be much appreciated!

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@pcutter

Welcome to the community.

Please see the FAQ thread in tutorials, or do a search for 'Something has gone wrong' to see how to get a more detailed error message.

Then let us know what that says.

• Thank you! It says:
    Fatal Error in simple_html_dom.parse_charset();

I am now looking this up.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited March 2017

A quick Google suggests it might be that you do not have the mbstring module installed/enabled.

See here: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/246423#Comment_246423

• Thanks so much. I ended up having to install gd and mbstring module with my php.

vrijvlinder