Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Cannot Login to Forums

Comments

• Options

There you go I have disabled the pockets plugins and all codes gone... now frontend sign in is still not showing the pop up login page now what is bugging that.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@SintoJoseph

I understand that things not working as expected can be frustrating, but you seem to have misunderstood the nature of this forum.

This is a volunteer forum, with very occasional input from Vanilla staff.

The people who have tried to help you are doing it in their free time, for no reward beyond being nice to strangers.

Being rude and demanding is not the way to go if you want further help.

Bear in mind, we've all got working forums so we know it works.

It is a matter of 5 - 10 minutes to manually set up a fresh Vanilla install.

If you aren't prepared to take that time and effort, I don't see how you can ask strangers to do more for you for free.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    1. If you really have looked up how to fix errors, you would have come across the advice to deactivate all plugins and turn on every plugin one by one in order to find out what's wrong. You obviously haven't done so.
    2. You were ranting around although the error has been, that you alone have messed up your page by inserting code into the pockets plugin. You haven't even excused for that, admitting that this has been your fault and no one of us could have known about that.
    3. Simply looking at the JavaScript console shows that there is a problem with the plugin "I'm online". If you deactivate that - and provided that you haven't messed up anything else which we cannot know because we have no access to your installation and we are no magicians - you should be able to login again.

De nada.

• Options

@R_J said:
    1. If you really have looked up how to fix errors, you would have come across the advice to deactivate all plugins and turn on every plugin one by one in order to find out what's wrong. You obviously haven't done so.
    2. You were ranting around although the error has been, that you alone have messed up your page by inserting code into the pockets plugin. You haven't even excused for that, admitting that this has been your fault and no one of us could have known about that.
    3. Simply looking at the JavaScript console shows that there is a problem with the plugin "I'm online". If you deactivate that - and provided that you haven't messed up anything else which we cannot know because we have no access to your installation and we are no magicians - you should be able to login again.

De nada.

Pocket Plugin is not working for Vanilla 2.3 and also
    for me /utility/update is shown Something Wrong page
    and Sign or Login button is not showing the popup sign or login page.

These are all problems with your forum, there is no requirement of fresh install. Need to check these issues and find the remedy that's it.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@R_J said:
    3. Simply looking at the JavaScript console shows that there is a problem with the plugin "I'm online".

Got the wrong row, it was jsConnect...

@SintoJoseph said:

@R_J said:

These are all problems with your forum

My forum? This is all about problems with my forum? Well, that's great, because on my side everything is okay. Good luck with what you do.

Over and out.

• Options
    kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

Hi @SintoJoseph

maybe your problem in this: & ( ampersand ) Try to change the symbol names in categories, example: Arts & Designs to Arts and Designs

You can always log in dashboard www./your_site/forum/dashboard/settings

• Options

@kopna said:
    Hi @SintoJoseph

maybe your problem in this: & ( ampersand ) Try to change the symbol names in categories, example: Arts & Designs to Arts and Designs

You can always log in dashboard www./your_site/forum/dashboard/settings

I did what you have indicated but still the sign-in button is not bringing the popup login page that it used to bring earlier. Also the text editor have been change how can I get a text editor like this one in community forum.

• Options

It is only the sign-in button causing the problem no the register may be it's not calling any functions.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You have already been told that the plugin js connect is not working , you must disable it. You also have some obsolete plugins installed that could be causing problems. You need to consult the Tutorial section and learn how to solve these problems.

• Options

Thanks I disabled the deprecated plugins sad to say pockets is not working... also I need a decent text editor like this one now I am using here... there are lot in the forums but need a best one recommendations to confirm. Also I request vanilla forums to develop some of the plugins themselves that are popular and demanding to avoid incompatibility after updates.

• Options

The editor here is available as Advanced Editor in the Dashboard / Plugins section

• Options
    edited April 2017

The editor like this one comes bundled with Vanilla and it should appear in the dashboard under the name editor.

There is a paid version for this software hosted by Vanilla . There you won't have problems at all. This is a community forum and the community donates their work. Maybe you should use the paid version. Vanillaforums.com

• Options

Also the utility/update is still showing the error page

Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
    Please check back in a little while.

and on clicking the header banner users are logged out ... how this is happening.

• Options

You were given this advice re: this issue on the 31st March

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/246665/#Comment_246665

• Options

I checked the frequent visited post and did what they suggested but I am still running into errors..

Error
    403 Forbidden
    Trace

0 /home/u794xxxxxx/public_html/forums/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.utilitycontroller.php(292): permissionException()

1 /home/u794xxxxxx/public_html/forums/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(326): UtilityController->update()

2 /home/u794xxxxxx/public_html/forums/index.php(44): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()

• Options

Search the web for 'error 403 forbidden'.

Check with your host.

Your issues are to do with your web server set up, not Vanilla.

• Options
    edited April 2017

Oh man I just checked the homepage with debugger and there are lot of errors...
    You ppls can check it out and tell me if you could fix it?

• Options

@SintoJoseph said:
    Oh man I just checked the homepage with debugger and there are lot of errors...
    You ppls can check it out and tell me if you could fix it?

Ok I fixed the errors shown by debugger but the header banner and sign in button are not working or logging out users when clicked or used....why is that happening?

• Options

You have been told several times but you failed to pay attention.. Disable the Voting Plugin, Disable JSConnect.

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/246762/#Comment_246762

• Options

I told you that I have disabled the plugin you said but header banner and sign-in is still the issue.