Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Trouble embedding

angeljsangeljs New
edited April 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

This is my first time using Vanilla forums. I've successfully embedded the code into a php page on my site. However, when I click the forum home link within the page, it shows it for a second or so and then loads my site homepage, as though in an iframe. Not sure what I've done wrong!

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@angeljs

Welcome to the community.

Whilst the embed code is provided by Vanilla, the recommended route is to theme your forum page to match your site.

If you really need to use the embed code, can you provide a link to your site?

• Options
    angeljsangeljs New
    edited April 2017

Thanks for your reply. Which files do I need to edit to style the theme, please, as I would much prefer to do that? I'm using the embed friendly theme.

Also, could I use a php include statement within the files?

• Options
    edited April 2017

@angeljs

As you will see from the FAQs, theming is done either by creating a custom theme, or editing an existing theme's custom.css and default.master.tpl file (if necessary.)

You can't do a php include with Smarty .tpl themes (which are the way Vanilla has gone.) There may still be some default.master.php themes in the addons section.

What is it that you need to include?

You can add code to a default.master.tpl file inside {literal} {/literal} tags

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2017

It should be like this {literal} code {/literal} to add js to tpl based master and you would use the theme hooks file to add php.

All my themes are php based ...

• Options

vrijvlinder

Good point, well made!

I've edited my post.

• Options

Thanks for all the tips - I've actually found a seamless iframe code that's now working very well :)