Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to hide IP addresses from all roles except admin?

I've been looking through some other threads here regarding this subject, but it seems there are different solutions for different versions, and I'm not sure any of them apply to my situation:

I'd like hide IP addresses of members from being viewed by all roles except the admin role.

Which file do I edit in order to accomplish this?
What code do I need to alter within that file?

Thank you for your help - it's appreciated

(Using Vanilla 2.2.1)

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Versions older than 2.3 are no longer supported here. You must update ASAP if you wish to continue getting help on this forum ...

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    Versions older than 2.3 are no longer supported here. You must update ASAP if you wish to continue getting help on this forum ...

Fair enough - how could I accomplish this on 2.3 in that case?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

That should be the default setting. Only the admin can see that. All of this is done in the dashboard via roles & permissions.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The permission you are looking for is Garden.PersonalInfo.View. As far as I can tell it not only handles if an IP is visible, but also if a role is allowed to see the mail address.

• Options

@R_J said:
    The permission you are looking for is Garden.PersonalInfo.View. As far as I can tell it not only handles if an IP is visible, but also if a role is allowed to see the mail address.

Much appreciated - thanks for the help