Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How can I delete private messages (conversations)?

I don't see any way to delete these. I'm using version 2.3.

I've seen a suggestion to add $Configuration['Conversations']['Moderation']['Allow'] = TRUE; to config.php but that doesn't make any difference

Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

There isn't a Vanilla way, afaIk.

A user can take themselves out of a conversation by clicking Delete Conversation.

Since Conversations are private between users, you can see why it isn't an available option.

You can delete conversations using a tool like phpMyAdmin to directly edit the database (Always take a backup of the DB first!)

I do that from time to time, giving users fair warning that conversations over say 6 months old will be deleted, so they should save any info they need.

I also make sure to keep a copy of the DB state before I delete anything, in case something urgently needs restoring/accessing.

• Thanks. I don't se the "Delete Conversation" option to click, where does that show up for someone to remove themselves from a conversation? I'm using the Gopi theme but I assume it would be similar in most themes?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

When you open a Conversation, you should have two buttons:

New Message

Leave Conversation

Obviously the Leave only shows if you are in the conversation.