Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

QuoteText - Firefox issues

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Anyone here that can confirm that the QuoteText extension isn't working within Firefox? Several users within our forum reported that it doesn't work as designed. As far as I understand it, you first have to highlight the text within the posting and press the "Quote" link afterwards. This should copy a bbcode formatted string to the comment box at the end of the page.

But it doesn't work here. All that is pasted is an empty pair of Quote tags. e.g.
[quote="Inkscape"][/quote]

Anyone here who can confirm this? Any solutions?

Comments

• Options
    Are you using a custom theme?
  • Options
    As far as I know, no. It's the default vanilla theme but with a custom stylesheet. You can find it under http://www.inkscape-forum.de
  • Options
    Anyone?
  • Options
    I am using the default Vanilla 1.0.1 theme and experiencing this problem. Firefox 1.5.0.8. Trying/testing other quote widgets..
  • Options
    i have tested ajaxquote with firefox and it works great
  • Options
    I think I ended up choosing Quotation instead. I liked that I could select a section of text and hit the quote link to just get that part. I don't think ajaxquote was able to do that for me.
  • Options
    quotation only outputs bbcode
  • Options
    > By default, this extension outputs HTML markup, but it now includes a script for outputting BBCode markup instead. I haven't tried using it though. Just BBCode.
This discussion has been closed.