Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

"contributors" column in GDN_Conversation empty for many private messages

Hello,

I've inherited a Vanilla based forum, and I'm trying to figure out the database structure. I noticed that for many columns in the "GDN_Conversation" table the column "contributors" is empty. Is it possible to update these columns with a SQL-command? Or is this expected behavior?

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

In fact the column isn't used in Vanilla. When you install Vanilla, some content is generated automatically. This standard conversation is the only conversation that uses this column. There might be plugins which use this column for their purposes, but I don't know of any such plugin.

Vanillas importer script which imports Vanilla 1 forums already uses this column. My guess is it has been used a long time agon and simply not been removed in order to avoid any risks of breaking something.

You don't need to fill this field with anything.

As long as your users do not report any strange behaviors you wouldn't have to anything, anyhow.