Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Help with "Code": 256, "Exception":

Dear community,
out of the sudden when I try to write a new discussion this error appears:
{ "Code": 256, "Exception": "Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'Emailed' at row 1|Gdn_Database|Query|insert GDN_Activity \n(ActivityUserID, HeadlineFormat, RecordType, RecordID, Route, Data, NotifyUserID, Emailed, Notified, Story, Photo, ActivityTypeID, DateInserted, InsertUserID, InsertIPAddress, DateUpdated) \nvalues (:ActivityUserID, :HeadlineFormat, :RecordType, :RecordID, :Route, :Data, :NotifyUserID, :Emailed, :Notified, :Story, :Photo, :ActivityTypeID, :DateInserted, :InsertUserID, :InsertIPAddress, :DateUpdated)", "Class": "Gdn_ErrorException" }

I saw that some users had the problem because of plugins but I havent changed anything or activated a new plugin. It worked fine and just started out of the sudden.

So it seems like I cannot post because that error appears, but then when I go to recent discussions I see my post but it is grey.
When I log in with a test moderator account I dont have that problem. My status is Administrator and I dont know if that has somehting to do with it...but also logged in as the test moderator the posts that I write appear grey.

Does anybody has experience with this??

Another issue I encountered is that a moderator has the possibility to set preferences (for notifications) in the profile, but the Administrator has only edit profile where there should be preferences.
Also although the boxes for notification are checked with the moderator no notification appears, when there is a new discussion added to the forum.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@AlpForum said:

>

Does anybody has experience with this??

Most of that sounds like you are using strict mode in your database. See this comment for a possible soluton: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/212174/#Comment_212174

But I must admit I haven't understood that "discussion appears grey" part.

@AlpForum said:

Another issue I encountered is that a moderator has the possibility to set preferences (for notifications) in the profile, but the Administrator has only edit profile where there should be preferences.
    Also although the boxes for notification are checked with the moderator no notification appears, when there is a new discussion added to the forum.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Not sure if that relates to the above...

• the second part is a different issue. I add a sreen shot maybe that makes it more clear:
    First the moderator view:

then the administrator view

about the grey posts you can see here: the background of the first two discussion is slightly grey.

Normally there is no such line "Preferences". Maybe you have revoked the permission to edit the right to edit users own profiles? I never did that. But how does it look if you click on preferences? Do you have the same options as when using "Edit Profile"? I guess not.

You can fix that by fixing that roles permissions

• I think there is a misunderstanding. I want the preference option because in there I can choose for which categories I can be notified. In the admin role I dont have the preference option but only the edit profile option (which is to edit my own profile, and that I can do anyway). I have no possibility in the admin role to get notified about new discussions being poested in the forum. There are some test discussions already but I never got notified...

Just follow that "Edit Profile" link and you will find some options on the left. One of that is this "Preferences" page ;)