Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

Ready to contribute?

Amazing! Sign our contributors' agreement and then join us on GitHub.

Yaga 1.1 language problem

This discussion is related to the Yet Another Gamification Application addon.

Hello. Maybe you can help me with this problem, please:
If i use the default EN language everything works fine with the application. I switched the forum language to romanian, but when i give a badge or something similar, the action writing in the activity feed or user profile looks something like this: "Yaga.Badge.EarnedHeadlineFormat" instead of the normal one in english: "nr1user earned the 500 Posts badge".
So i figured it something about the application's language. I went to applications/yaga/locale and here i saw a list of predefined languages the app already had installed (en-CA, de-DE, fr, pt-BR). I copied the english one, changed the name from en-CA.php to ro.php and started translating the terms inside the file. The problem is it doesn't work... Do i need to activate the new ro.php file somewhere in the config of yaga, so it will make the translations?

Comments

  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

    Yes you need to activate the Romanian locale, changing names does nothing.

    hgtonight
  • R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

    You can only set the forum language once, so the way you have done it should work. But sometimes when dealing with language files of plugins, you have to clear the cache in order to make it work. Delete all *.ini files from the /cache folder and you are one step closer.

    I'm not 100% sure but I think your translations will also work only for new entries to the activity wall. If I remember correctly, the existing entries will not be translated.

    hgtonight
  • Yes, you were right... the temporary files were the problem. I added a new line for yaga in the language file from cache, with the same settings as from english but with the name of my romanian translation file and it worked. Probably the result was the same if i deleted all the files from cache too. But, problem solved. Thx

  • R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

    If you only edit the files in the cache, they might get lost at any point in time.

    hgtonight
Sign In or Register to comment.