Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Forbidden error when attempting to grant profile permissions.

Whenever I attempt to grant to a role the ability to view and edit profiles under permissions, I get a 403 (Forbidden) error upon hitting save.

"You don't have permission to access /forums/role/edit/33 on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

This is the text I receive, but it's not just limited to 33, I get this error on any role I attempt to edit.
And yes, this only happens when I attempt to save permissions for a role and those permissions include the ability to view and edit profiles.

Any ideas?

Comments

• @MorganIsCute, can you disable your plugins and see if the problem persists?

If the problem still persists, can you set the column "Admin" to 1 instead of 0 in "gdn_user" in your database? That means that permission checks don't apply to you anymore. Because it sounds like you're missing some permissions.

If you're going to edit the database, make a backup!