Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to migrate 2.3.1 to 2.4.x

What would be the steps to migrate from version 2.3.1 to 2.4.x, install 2.4.x is quite simple, I just need to know how to move bd, since vanilla porter should not be used in versions 2.x, i want to start testing the new version, and have the migration ready

Regards,

Comments

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

It works like any update ^^
    You save your database and config files and then overwrite your old Vanilla by newer Vanilla files.
    When the overwrite is finished, go to yourforum/utility/update
    Byt before update to 2.4, it's better to wait until the stable version is released, because now it's only in beta and shouldn't be used in production.

• Database 2.3.1 = Database 2.4.x, no migration required ?

Regards,

• @terabytefrelance said:
    Database 2.3.1 = Database 2.4.x, no migration required ?

Regards,

That is correct.

@terabytefrelance a dit :
    Database 2.3.1 = Database 2.4.x, no migration required ?

Regards,

Running /utility/update would apply the necessary changes to your 2.3.1 database.

• edited September 2017

@K17 I want to start from a clean 2.4.X installation, and restore the database and test and adapt the plugins to the new version, and correct any errors found, and leave a guide of this process in the forum.

Regards,

If you do this you could encounter errors. Don't forget to update the database structure going to /utility/structure and re-calculate all counts by running /dba/counts

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@terabytefrelance said:
    @K17 I want to start from a clean 2.4.X installation, and restore the database and test and adapt the plugins to the new version, and correct any errors found, and leave a guide of this process in the forum.

Regards,

It's a great idea to start testing and if you give feedback, that would be helpful! If you come across some Vanilla bugs, the best way to report those bugs by filing an issue on GitHub.

You can do a clean installation and simply change the database credentials in the config.php afterwards to point to a copy of your database. If I understood it correctly that's your plan.

There are some site specific settings in the config.php which you will loose when you go this way, but that should be no problem.