Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Porter 2.1 error: Verify MySQL extension is installed and enabled

I am trying to take a backup of the DB before I start with a forum migration using Vanilla Porter but it shows me this error: mysql_connect is an undefined function. Verify MySQL extension is installed and enabled. I understand that it means something is wrong with mysql, but when I run phpinfo() it shows me that mysql is configured and vanilla forum also works fine on this hosting. How can I troubleshoot it?

Thank you
M

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

The simple answer is: don't. Porter is not designed for exporting existing Vanilla DBs.

To back up your DB, use something like phpMyAdmin.

Select your DB from the list on the left.

Click the Check All button (near bottom of page.)

Click the With selected drop down list, and choose Export.

I find the Quick option works fine.

That's it.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

You can also back up your DB quickly on your server using phpMyAdmin, by choosing Operations and Copy database to.

I've found it is better to create an empty DB first (Databases - Create database), and then uncheck the Create Database option from the copy option.

• thank you!