Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

reCAPTCHA has not been set up by the site administrator in registration settings. (this is false)

Hello,

I am a brand new user of Vanilla Forums 2.3.1, and have spent all evening wrestling with this problem with no luck.

When I go to the Discussions page and click Register, I get the error message:
reCAPTCHA has not been set up by the site administrator in registration settings.

(example of the error: http://www.northernwinorml.org/forum/entry/register?Target=discussions)

I have gone to google and logged in and created a key and secret key, and saved them in the Registration settings in Vanilla Forums. I don't understand why this is not working.

The next thing I did was to get the plugin that disables the captcha. I can go to Activity or Categories and click the registration button, and it works just fine.

However, if I go to Discussions and then click Register, I get that same error message:
reCAPTCHA has not been set up by the site administrator in registration settings.

Help?

Please and Thank You.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There is no difference behind those register buttons so it most probably is a Browser cache issue

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

I think it's a cache issue too because I don"t see the problem on your forum.