HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Completely blank theme to base off of?

calvinbcalvinb New
edited October 2017 in General Banter

The default Baseline and EmbedFriendly themes have a LOT of implied behaviours and themes I don't want - I want to completely start with no styles, so I can implement them myself and start from that instead.

(Essentially, what I want to do is implement a Boostrap theme myself, and at version 4. I've looked at the existing BS theme, but it's v3 and I don't feel like untangling preprocessor fed stylesheets with a nasty build system on top.)

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

What is stopping you from implementing it yourself ? Every theme in the repo is based on the default.master template and the style.css file.

There is nothing or no one stopping you from doing what you want.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Create a theme and name your css file "style.css", that way your css will overwrite the existing styles.

The way the current Bootstrap theme is implemented is the best way it could be done. You see that because nearly all plugins work without any adoptions needed. If you create from start you might miss some things which need to be styled.