Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

ValidateRequired error on registration

Hi,

I have a vague error message on the registration form: ValidateRequired

I enter all the fields, the recaptcha is working, etc. It's the latest version of Vanilla and the board has been imported from phpbb. I disabled all the plugins to be sure. The already registred users can login without problem.

Than you.

Comments

  • whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... Moderator

    @ced64k

    Welcome to the community.

    You can try this plugin to see whether it is an issue with Captcha or not:

    https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/nocaptcha-plugin

  • Hi @whu606 :)
    I already desactivated the captcha, still the same.

  • R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

    The "ValidateRequired" error is a hint that some required field hasn't been filled (not a big surprise).

    I assume that either by testing some plugin or by the import, a new column in table GDN_User has been created which a) has no default value and b) is required.

    During the normal registration process that column isn't displayed and so there is no value passed when trying to create a user.

    If you are able to, inspect the GDN_User table for such a suspicious user or show us a dump of the table scheme. Be sure not to post any data from that table here :wink:

  • ced64kced64k
    edited November 2017

    Hi @R_J :) Here's an export of GDN_User:

    http://paste.debian.net/994024/

    I forgot to mention that my forum is in french and the error is "UserID est requis" (= is required). In English the error is "ValidateRequired". It's strange because I checked in the code and ValidateRequired seems to be translated by "%s est requis"

    As you mentionned I tested a lot of plugins :p I see in my export RankID that doesn't seem present in default Vanilla user table. Maybe that's why...
    Edit: I tried to delete this RankID column, still the same.

  • R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

    @ced64k said:
    the error is "UserID est requis" (= is required).

    That is an important information and makes my theory go down the drain...

    I guess it looks like that when a user could not be saved, but I admit that the error could be more informative.

    Roles are often a problem after importing. Do you mind sharing a dump of the GDN_Roles table (this time the data is the most important)

  • ced64kced64k
    edited November 2017

    Here the roles table

    I think they come from phpBB and are completely different from Vanilla O.o

    Edit: I imported the roles from Vanilla (member, Applicant, etc) to check but it doesn't work.

  • @R_J said:
    I guess it looks like that when a user could not be saved

    Where does this UserID should come from ? It should take the last registred user id and add +1 for the new one ?

  • R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

    Try using the roles table from a fresh Vanilla installation. It should look like that:

    INSERT INTO `GDN_Role` (`RoleID`, `Name`, `Description`, `Type`, `Sort`, `Deletable`, `CanSession`, `PersonalInfo`) VALUES
    (2, 'Guest',    'Guests can only view content. Anyone browsing the site who is not signed in is considered to be a \"Guest\".', 'guest',    1,  0,  0,  0),
    (3, 'Unconfirmed',  'Users must confirm their emails before becoming full members. They get assigned to this role.',    'unconfirmed',  2,  0,  1,  0),
    (4, 'Applicant',    'Users who have applied for membership, but have not yet been accepted. They have the same permissions as guests.', 'applicant',    3,  0,  1,  0),
    (8, 'Member',   'Members can participate in discussions.',  'member',   4,  1,  1,  0),
    (16,    'Administrator',    'Administrators have permission to do anything.',   'administrator',    6,  1,  1,  0),
    (32,    'Moderator',    'Moderators have permission to edit most content.', 'moderator',    5,  1,  1,  0);
    

    Keep the current content of the table as a reference, then you could run a TRUNCATE TABLE GDN_Role query.
    Afterwards you have to update the table GDN_UserRole. Update the UserID->RoleID matrix so that it matches your current setting. If you are missing some roles that you would like to continue using, go to the forums dashboard and create such roles.

    That should do the trick.

    Beware that only creating the Vanilla roles and keeping the old roles additionally, will guarantee you trouble.

  • ced64kced64k
    edited November 2017

    I did everything (clean GDN_Role + role matrix) but the error always appears :(

Sign In or Register to comment.