Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Javascript, CSS, slow page loads

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I find that when visiting my vanilla forum for the first time in a session, the page load experience is rather slow. This is because the browser first needs to download 4 seperate CSS and 5 seperate .JS files before it can render the page. Major browsers, by default, will open only 2 simultaneous HTTP connections to the server. So it must download these 9 resources 2 at a time. It takes a while. In my websites that are CSS and JS heavy, I have bundled them into single, highly compressed files, that have an HTTP Expires header tacked onto them to encourage caching. It has resulted in an enormous speed increase; I'm really happy with the results. I think at some point Vanilla should consider doing something similar. You can learn more here: http://www.thinkvitamin.com/features/webapps/serving-javascript-fast
This discussion has been closed.