Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Showcase]: Herbiv.org Discussions

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi guys,
this is my first attempt at "skining" Vanilla, I have just tried to blend it with our main site. You can check out the site at http://herbiv.org/ and the forums at http://herbiv.org/forum.

Both the site and the forums are in serbian and are on the topic of vegetarianism/DIY/music/productivity in the Balkans (ex Yugoslavia area).

I guess the reason for me posting this is to hear some oppinions on the skin, not that there is that much drasticallyu changed (since the original style really fits almost annything as far as IA goes), and to say that it wasn't hard at all to do it. CSS is fairly clean, and I didn't even touch the markup. The only thing that buggs me is the .Session div that is outside of the complete #Body element.

One of the things I'll try doing is to move the #AboutVanilla from the panel and make a footer out of it. It really bugs me there and there is no footer anyways.

PS

If you guys find the skin appealing I can put it on the addons repository for free usage.

Comments

• Options
    Not bad at all, better than most people over the past 10 years of web ;) However, perhaps you should increase the padding a little? Or perhaps I'm just padding crazy...
  • Options
    Where d you think I should add padding? Anything speciffically or generally?

Thanks for the kind words. ;)
  • Options
    DraganBabic, it looks excellent! You've done a really good job. It would be great if you could upload and share the style.
  • Options
    I will definitelly do add it then, but I will wait to iron out all potential bugs that are there. I haven't confronted all of possible situations yet (like the pagination on a discussion page, etc.) so I'll wait for those situations to be 99% covered and then release the more "stable" style.

One quick question if I may:

What's considered a "theme" is when you alter the markup and the way what is pulled from the database and where it is placed, and a "style" is just altering the stylesheet of the forum?

OK, thanks.
  • Options
    I like your main site, simply love the colors, and the layout, sweet job.
  • Options
    Yep. Theme is changing the output, style is just styling (stylesheets + images) a theme.
  • Options
    Nice work, good job ;)
This discussion has been closed.