Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Oracle Use?

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is there any way Vanilla can be made to run on Oracle instead of MySQL?

Comments

• Options
    You could write a new SQL Builder class (i think that's the correct term) which handles all of vanillas database interaction. Currently it can deal with mysql and sqlite (i believe) but the theory behind the sql builder is to let you convert it over to any form of database. Depends how knowledgeable you are i guess...?
  • Options
    I see. Well, I don't know much about that, so it's probably not a very good option... Unless someone else is willing to do a "community service" :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    @minisweeper: Mark was experimenting with sqlite support for a little while, but I don't think it worked out.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    The purpose of the sql buider is to make is to allow you to make vanilla work on something else than mysql. So, hopefully you won't have to rewrite it.

The class you need to extend is database (library/Framework/Framework.Class.Database.php).
    Save your oracle class as library/Framework/Framework.Class.Oracle.php
    And add $Configuration['DATABASE_SERVER'] = 'Oracle'; in conf/settings.com
This discussion has been closed.