Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

domain pointers

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have a hosting package that allows one to have many websites through the use of domain pointers; specifically, pointing to a subdirectory on the main account.

Any SEO consequences to this?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2006
    I assume you mean each domain will be fully hosted on the subdirectories, not just redirected. It shouldn't have any affect on your SEO since each domain name is considered a unique website. PR is not associated with IPs or anything like that if that's what you're asking. If you mean that each domain will just forward you to the subdirectory, then yes it will unfortunantly make SEO more difficult. I am not completely sure what you mean by domain pointers since I've never heard that term before.
  • Options
    thanks for the info. domain pointers are the term used by my hosting co. and i do not know the exact definition behind it. i asked, but i did not receive a direct answer. I think i have to find a better host. I am not comfortable with the way things work at this current co. thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.