Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fresh Install issues

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I love vanilla - it's clean, well designed and thought out and standards compliant. I love the way that discussions are laid out in a similar style to basecamp as well. Only issue is that Ive done a fresh install but I get these errors at the top of each page: Warning: Undefined property: Connection in forum/library/Framework/Framework.Class.MySQL.php on line 53 Warning: Undefined property: User in forum/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 309 Warning: Undefined property: Scripts in forum/library/Framework/Framework.Control.Head.php on line 22 forum/library/Framework/Framework.Control.Head.php on line 31 Warning: Undefined property: Strings in forum/library/Framework/Framework.Control.Head.php on line 40 Can you shed any light on why this is happening? Thanks for any assistance

Comments

• Options
    Are you using an svn version or a released .zip file?
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    I believe its a released zip: Vanilla.1.0.1. I will look again at the site to make sure I dl'ed a release version. edit to add: I did actually grab it from the getvanilla site, so it must be the release vers.
  • Options
    I have tried removing all the files and re uploading, changing al the file perms through PuTTy shell access and yet nothing. Now, even though I have uploaded a few themes, it renders the page as though no style is applied. weirder and weirder. http://electronical.org/forum/
  • Options
    What PHP version you use?
  • Options
    PHP: 4.1.2 MySQL: 3.23.58
  • Options
    4.1.2? that's older than the hills!
  • Options
    i shall take my server admin to task and have him update it. would that be the reason for these errors although they look more like definitions within certain classes arent being 'defined'
  • Options
    it could be. php has seen a lot of new functionality since feb 2002.
    not to mention a lot of security fixes.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I don't think it has anything to do with your PHP version. If the errors change when you re-upload the files, then it sounds like the files are getting garbled by the upload somehow.
This discussion has been closed.