Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problem installing page manager

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Ok so i downloaded the page manager zip file, unzipped it in my extensions folder and then went onto my forum and selected the extension. I then got this error at the top of the page: "PAGEMANAGER ERROR: An error occured in attempting to save your tabs. Please check that your file permissions are correct and verify that PageManager::CustomPageFile (./extensions/PageMng/CustomPages.php) is a valid file name." There was no CustomPages.php in my PageMng folder so I just created a blank file called CustomPages.php and it still had this error, I also gave full permission rights to all 3 of the files in that folder and still it had the error. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Comments

• I had the same problem until I made the PageMng directory permissions rwxrwxrwx (777).

The CustomPages.php file is auto created I believe.
  • thanks that fixed it! I love this add-on, now I can finally get one step closer to making this forum mimic a web site. :D
  • Still unable to write to folder/file, permissions set to 777 on all three files (extensions, PageMng and custompages.php) any other ideas what could be blocking it?
  • I had the same problem until I made the PageMng directory permissions rwxrwxrwx (777).

maybe give permissions to the directory?
  • edited January 2007
    set to 777 to folders "extensions" and "PageMng" with WS_FTP still no luck here. Any other fixes related to this error? Tks!
  • edited January 2007
    OK now I'm getting a little frustrated. LOL

Created new forum from scratch without modifying or adding any other extensions except Page Management Plus 2.4.3.
    Created a new MySQL version 5.0.22 database.
    Set the entire directory from the root to the PageMng folder to permissions rwxrwxrwx 777 using WS_FTP.
    Verified permissions via SmartFTP and end back here again:

PAGEMANAGER ERROR: An error occurred in attempting to save your tabs. Please check that your file permissions are correct and verify that PageManager::CustomPageFile (./extensions/PageMng/CustomPages.php) is a valid file name.

Could this be the result of Bad Karma?
  • I'm wondering if that filepath is correct...it aught to be but it might be worth trying opening the default.php file, searching for references to that, and then using a full path?
This discussion has been closed.