Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Applicant Email Verification 0.4.0: Note for translator

edited October 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Except for some few error messages, Applicant Email Verification v0.4.0 is entirely translatable.

If you maintain a language package...
You just need to:
  • Translate the following lines, and add them to definitions.php:
    // test if Applicant Email Verification is installed if (array_key_exists('APPLICANT_EMAIL_VERIFICATION_VERSION', $Configuration)) { //Applicant Email Verification Dictionary entries $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification'] = 'Email Validation'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ForMembership'] = 'You should soon receive an email from '.$Context->Configuration['SUPPORT_EMAIL'].'. Follow the instructions it describes to activate your membership. If you cannot find this email in your mailbox, check your "junk mail" or "spam trap" folder.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ForApplicationReview'] = 'You should soon receive an email from '.GetEmail($Context->Configuration['SUPPORT_EMAIL']).'. Please follow the instructions it describes to validate your email address. If you cannot find this email in your mailbox, check your "junk mail" or "spam trap" folder).<br /> Once your email address has been verified, your membership application will be reviewed by an administrator. If your application is accepted, you will be contacted via email.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerificationDonePendingApproval'] = 'Your membership application will be reviewed by an administrator. If your application is accepted, you will be contacted via email.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerificationRegister'] = 'Your application for membership has been accepted.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerificationPendingApproval'] = 'Email address verified. Registration pending administrative approval.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerificationOption'] = 'Activation by email'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerificationOptionNote'] = 'With this option on, the new user need to answer to one of our mail to get his role assigned (if you select "applicant" as default role you still have to approve his membership).'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_EmailValidated'] = 'email validated'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_EmailNotValidated'] = 'email not validated'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ErrNoUser'] = 'Your membership application cannot be found.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ErrWrongKey'] = 'Wrong Verification Key!'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ErrAlreadyValidated'] = 'Your membership application has already been accepted.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ErrNoKeyInDB'] = 'Your key has been already validated.'; } //end of the test, if Applicant Email Verification is installed, these entry are added
  • Translate the email template (ApplicantEmailVerification/conf/email_Email_Verification.txt) and add it to your package with the other email templates.
If you need to customize the extension for your own forum...
You just need to:
  • add the following line to conf/language.php and make your changes there:
    $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification'] = 'Email Validation'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ForMembership'] = 'You should soon receive an email from '.$Context->Configuration['SUPPORT_EMAIL'].'. Follow the instructions it describes to activate your membership. If you cannot find this email in your mailbox, check your "junk mail" or "spam trap" folder.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ForApplicationReview'] = 'You should soon receive an email from '.GetEmail($Context->Configuration['SUPPORT_EMAIL']).'. Please follow the instructions it describes to validate your email address. If you cannot find this email in your mailbox, check your "junk mail" or "spam trap" folder).<br /> Once your email address has been verified, your membership application will be reviewed by an administrator. If your application is accepted, you will be contacted via email.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerificationDonePendingApproval'] = 'Your membership application will be reviewed by an administrator. If your application is accepted, you will be contacted via email.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerificationRegister'] = 'Your application for membership has been accepted.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerificationPendingApproval'] = 'Email address verified. Registration pending administrative approval.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerificationOption'] = 'Activation by email'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerificationOptionNote'] = 'With this option on, the new user need to answer to one of our mail to get his role assigned (if you select "applicant" as default role you still have to approve his membership).'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_EmailValidated'] = 'email validated'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_EmailNotValidated'] = 'email not validated'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ErrNoUser'] = 'Your membership application cannot be found.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ErrWrongKey'] = 'Wrong Verification Key!'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ErrAlreadyValidated'] = 'Your membership application has already been accepted.'; $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ErrNoKeyInDB'] = 'Your key has been already validated.';
  • Copy extensions/ApplicantEmailVerification/conf/email_Email_Verification.txt
    to conf/
    and make your changes there.

Comments

• Just did this (my own forum version, I don't mantain any languages) and while it worked, something broke: This line is displayed if one attempts to look at the terms of service in the membership application page. Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getemail() in /home2/octavoar/public_html/foroconcurso/conf/language.php on line 5 Tested the extension though, and it works beautifully. Why it lowercased the function name is beyond me. Line 5 is: $Context->Dictionary['EmailVerification_ForApplicationReview'] = 'Pronto deberia recibir un email de '.GetEmail($Context->Configuration['SUPPORT_EMAIL']).'. Siga las instrucciones que describe para validar su direccion e-mail. Si no puede encontrar este e-mail en su casilla, revise su carpeta de "correo basura" o "spam".<br /> Una vez que su e-mail haya sido verificado, su solicitud de membresia sera revisada por un administrador. Si su solicitud es aceptada, sera contactado via e-mail.'; thanks for this extension!
    • I will took off this function from the definition in the next release. Didn't thought to a better a solution when I create this entry
    • edited October 2008
      hi, sorry to revive this old discussion...the extension works great, i was able to translate all the $context->dictionary entries above into portuguese, however accents in the email_Email_Verification.txt as well as the $Subject in the default.php , don't show up correctly in the received email. e.g. my subject on received email verifications (gmail, hotmail ) F(utf characters)rum de Sa(utf characters)de‏ instead of Fórum de Saúde. any idea how i can fix this (the rest of the forum shows accents well)? thanks
    • edited October 2008
      It might be a problem of encoding. I don't how the email class manage encoding. Does your other template email display accents? Maybe Max_B could help with it.
    • hi dinoboff, i turned off the extension and sent a forgotton password request email, the subject still displays accents incorrectly, but the body of the email correctly calls up the portuguese translation and displays accents correctly.
    • ok, i got the body of the email to show correctly by encoding the email_Email_Verifiction.txt document as UTF-8, but still no luck on the subject text of either this plugin or the regular emails from vanilla forum...
    This discussion has been closed.