Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How do YOU admin?

2»

Comments

• Options
    /me takes bugsmi0 hostage and holds him at gunpoint until he agrees with me
  • Options
    Dinoboff, good thinkin....i don't know how much demand there is for a Cooling Off Extension. But it might be useful. @ bugs. Totally agree,bugs. I haven't banned anyone yet in my forum, or in any forums. I love to see good fun, humour, punning, debates, etc. Various opinions are greatto hear - boring if we all felt the same way about issues. But I have seen big forums and usenet groups get bogged down with some individuals, who are obviously looking for trouble, or are too pea brained t obe able to communicate from behind a keyboard in an adult manner. I recall years ago in usenet, someone wishing me dead, be it a car accident or drugs overdose, they said they didn't mind! There are plenty of nutters around in the online community. Best to not give them an audience. Then again, I'm a humourous off centre person myself - seen my cat on my monitor pics? :)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    i think it's very healthy to have disagreements, to ban someone because they disagree is stupid ;-)

I totally agree. That's not what I said. I said:

Everyone here is respectful of each other and friendly and helpful. We disagree from time to time, but we're not jerks about it.

Disagreements are fine. But assholes are not.
This discussion has been closed.