HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Testing post editing

I have set up a forum on my server: https://ddx.guru/
When I test it and when I edit the comment, after saving it, it appears as a new comment (not the same with edited content).
Want to test if it is expected behavior or problem with my system.

Comments

• Options
    jonasltujonasltu New
    edited January 2018

Here it works as expected. On my server somehow it fails.

• Options

Ok, it started working. Disabled/re-enabled some of the plugins (maybe Gravatar was faulty?) and it started working again.

• Options
    varomixvaromix New
    edited July 2018

is not working on my install, was gravatar the issue? I'm on version 2.6 thank you

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@varomix: in order to find that out you should temporarily deactivate the plugin. But I cannot imagine that this is the problem. Have you already tried it with a different browser?

• Options

I did try with chrome and firefox and I didn't actually had that plugin activated so not sure what's happening, will try activating debugging and see what I get,
    I can't activate the option actually in the settings, I activate change it and goes back to the same setting "Authors may never edit"

thanks

• Options

Then your problem most probably is the file permission of /conf/config.php

• Options

@R_J said:
    Then your problem most probably is the file permission of /conf/config.php

What permissions should it have?

• Options

The web server user/group must have read and write permissions. In most settings 755 should be enough but you might need 775