Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Guests Cannot View Discussion Content [RESOLVED]

edited January 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Under Roles & Permissions I have the check boxes for all the categories selected to allow guest to 'View' the discussions. However, I am being told users can see the threads/topics in the categories but once they click on it, the threads/topics are all blank including the comments.

How can I resolve this?

Comments

• Options

I solved part of it. I disabled the 'PremHide' plugin at all works fine. I expected the 'PremHide' plugin to work in the following way:

1. Allows premium members the ability to view what is behing the 'prem' tags.

However, this plugin disables guests from viewing ANY discussion data, not only data in between the 'prem' tags. I am looking at the logic in the plugin 'default.php' file and am not seeing any indication as to what is causing this (probably because I am a Vanilla noob).

• Options

I fixed the issue, I reinstalled the plugin again and it worked. Not sure what was the problem originally.