Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

Unexpected errors when posting and deleting posts

I just upgraded from 2.3 to 2.5. Everything looks good but I'm getting two errors. (http://chemistscorner.com/forum)

When I post a new post:
I get the following error "{ "Code": 256, "Exception": "Unknown column 'LastCategoryID' in 'field list'", "Class": "Gdn_ErrorException" }"

**When I delete a post: **
I get this error "Unknown column 'LastCategoryID' in 'field list' "

Any ideas how that can be fixed?

I should say that despite the errors it will post a new discussion and old discussions are deleted.

Thanks

Comments

  • Hello all

    Same thing here.

  • Edit : I tried to make a fresh install, here is what the Vanilla installer returned :

    Invalid log level: Failed to insert {type} ({content}): {error}.

    So I tried to load a blank database (fortunately, I had one), and it worked. But, when I tried to import the former one, Vanilla dashboard returned it was into a wrong format (I used a *.gz archive), I looked everywhere into the documentation and found nothing about the format used for databases. So is it an archive or no ? If no, what is the working procedure please ?
    Furthermore I didn’t found any « update » option anywhere into the dashboard as stated here . Whether it be my first attempt or the second.

    I don’t see myself reposting all and adding all users again as I did on a former upgrade (yes, true !) about one year ago

    Note : The new .htacces.dist file does not work at all, even edited, I was forced to upload the former one (from 2.1 if I’m not wrong)… And yes, my hosting runs PHP 7.2

  • I tried to make a fresh install, here is what the Vanilla installer returned :

    Invalid log level: Failed to insert {type} ({content}): {error}.

    So I tried to load a blank database (fortunately, I had one), and it worked. But, when I tried to import the former one, Vanilla dashboard returned it was into a wrong format (I used a *.gz archive), I looked everywhere into the documentation and found nothing about the format used for databases. So is it an archive or no ? If no, what is the working procedure please ?
    Furthermore I didn’t found any « update » option anywhere into the dashboard as stated here. Whether it be for my first attempt or the second.

    I don’t see myself reposting all and adding all users again as I did on a former upgrade (yes, true !) about one year ago

    Note : The new .htacces.dist file does not work at all, even edited, I was forced to upload the former one (from 2.1 if I’m not wrong) … And yes, my hosting runs PHP 7.2

  • edited January 17

    Edit: I reinstalled 2.3.1 version of my forums, and this time, all works like a charm.
    Oh, and I noticed that Karen E Thomas and 2 other guys are set as admins ... WTF ?

  • Are you saying you reverted back to 2.3.1?

  • edited January 17

    Yes, absolutely. And fortunately , I make a backup of the whole stuff before any upĝrade :)

  • RiverRiver MVP
    edited January 17

    @LeftBrain said:
    I just upgraded from 2.3 to 2.5. Everything looks good but I'm getting two errors. (http://chemistscorner.com/forum)

    When I post a new post:
    I get the following error "{ "Code": 256, "Exception": "Unknown column 'LastCategoryID' in 'field list'", "Class": "Gdn_ErrorException" }"

    **When I delete a post: **
    I get this error "Unknown column 'LastCategoryID' in 'field list' "

    Any ideas how that can be fixed?

    I should say that despite the errors it will post a new discussion and old discussions are deleted.

    Thanks

    things that might help.....

    Did you run utility/structure and/or utility/update?

    strict mode cause issues with other field columns but might not be related.

    @keltwookie said:
    Edit: I reinstalled 2.3.1 version of my forums, and this time, all works like a charm.
    Oh, and I noticed that Karen E Thomas and 2 other guys are set as admins ... WTF ?

    I suppose you could edit core plugin for the users you don't want from from vanilla / plugins / stubcontent / content / user.yaml and discussions

    You could leave the first line of each Yaml file and delete the content.

    make them all look like https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/tree/master/plugins/stubcontent/content

    Haven't investigated but really odd to have other administrators "infect or inserted into" your user database. not sure if the passwords for these two users are the same across all vanilla distributions but it seems odd if it did someone could find out the password of the two users and log into every database potentially.

    or you could comment out

    https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/master/plugins/stubcontent/class.stubcontent.plugin.php#L88

    https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/master/plugins/stubcontent/class.stubcontent.plugin.php#L91

    https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/master/plugins/stubcontent/class.stubcontent.plugin.php#L94

    Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

  • @River - Yes, I ran the /utility/update.

    However, upon your suggestion, I ran it again. That seems to have solved the problem!!

    Thanks!!

Sign In or Register to comment.