Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Vanilla 2.6.1 is here with critical security patches. One of them has been publicly disclosed.
Please upgrade to 2.3 here. The 2.2 and earlier branches are no longer being updated.

[Wordpress Plugin] 'Remember Me' expire

Van 2.3.1, Wordpress 8.5

Hello, I have a great working implementation of JSconnect and the WordPress plug-in.

One thing.. I would like Vanilla's session to recognize the expiry of the wordpress cookie/s. Specifically, if a WordPress user is logged in with a 'Remember Me' Cookie (WordPress default is 14 days), I would like vanilla to adopt it (like it does some other params).

Any ideas how to accomplish that?

Thanks!
Donovan

Comments

• Since I have no idea how to match up 'remember me' with wordpress's remember me... I decided to just try to make the default session match up to the wordpress remember me.. I added this to the conf.php:

$Configuration['Garden']['Session']['Length'] = '14 days';

After deleting cache, I relogged in and checked the cookies.. does not look like it did anything.

Donovan

• Well, I may have been over-thinking this. It appears to me that Vanilla honors the 'remember me' cookie.. ie. it will log you in if wordpress is logged in. Anyway, I don't know the details, but thought I'd follow up.